Saturday, November 24, 2012

Featured Teacher: Emma Farrell



            1. 
What is your most memorable field trip experience?
I'm from Australia, and I would have to say the Australian Museum. At the time, I taught grade one in a low socio-economic, high NESB area of Sydney. The students and their families mainly stayed in their suburb and couldn't always afford to go on outings. I just loved seeing my students' faces light up as they moved through the city and the museum. I will never forget it. They would all be finishing high school now!

         2. What is something you have learned from your time on Teachers Pay Teachers?
I have learned that teachers require high quality resources. Teachers alike are busy and need to save time, getting easy to use, high quality resources.  I also know that I love the ease of finding and purchasing great resources on TpT.

         3. What book inspired you as a student?
“The Very Hungry Caterpillar” by Eric Carle.

4. What is something you would like to see in the future, for education?

Two full-time teachers in every classroom! One trained classroom teacher and one trainee or untrained teacher. It would address so many issues and make everything easier for all stakeholders.

         5. What is something fun about you that teachers don't know about you?
I am a crazy amateur photographer and take my camera with me where ever I go.

         6. What is an achievement, in education or otherwise, that you have accomplished?
I was lucky enough to finish university in the top 5% for my year. This meant that I was a targeted graduate and was lucky enough to walk into a full-time, on-class teaching position with Kindergarten.

         7. What was your first 'Free' item that you posted up on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you choose that?
FREE Dolch Track my Reading Games. I thought it was a new twist on assessing reading words. It is my featured item and my most popular freebie to date.

8. What was your first 'Paid' item that you posted up on Teachers Pay Teachers? What made you choose that?        
Oh wow, I can't remember, let me have a look! Oh, I remember now..... it was my 6 x 100 Most Used Words Snakes & Ladders Games. I posted it first because it was one of my top sellers in my Ebay store.

9.  Your favorite teaching quote is...   
I have so many, this quote is the one that appeals best to my philosophy!
If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn. By Ignacio Estrada.

10. What is your 'Go To' time filler?          
Playing with our 6 year-old, yellow Labrador, photography and walking.                                                                

 by Emma Farrell

 Owl Themed Blank Classroom Labels - 48 pages
 Spelling Strategy Posters - 20 pages
 Spelling Rules Posters (35) and Award - 17 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...